What I do
I’m a passionate UX professional, and a lover of accessible universal design. I have a broad range of UX skills, and apply them from project inception, all the way through the various stages of a User Centred Design process.
For example: I’m brought in for stakeholder kick off meetings, use various techniques to uncover the needs, build proto personas, interview users, refine, create personas, run workshops, perform usability tests & card sorts, wireframe, prototype, create visual elements & mockups, and work with visual designers and developers to implement the designs.
I also code things myself - this site is one of them.
I am busy working for AssistiveWare on a number of projects, however, I am available for Accessibility reviews, or Heuristic evaluations on your sites, or products.
- NN/g UX Certification, Aug 2014
- Professional Certificate in Web Accessibility - Distinction, Media Access Australia & The University of South Australia, Oct 2016
- Gamification, Penn University of Pennsylvania, Apr 2014
- Accessible UX, UX Camp Amsterdam (2016), UX Camp Netherlands (Eindhoven, 2016)
- Heuristic reviews of newspaper sites, Central Library, Amsterdam, Sep 2013
- Sketching storyboards, Europeana Office, Feb 2013
- Accessible design, Europeana Office, Feb 2013
I regularly create video to test out ideas, get stakeholder buy in, and to show interaction to the development team. Many of these are under NDA - the following have been cleared by Europeana.
Training & workshops
- Accessibility for UX Designers, Simply Accessible
- Guerilla Usability testing, User Vision
- Information Architecture masterclass, User Vision
- Testing for mobile, User Vision
- User research, User Vision
- User Centred Design workshop, User Vision
- Introduction to User Experience and User Centred Design, User Vision
- Multilinguality and translation workshop, Europeana
- Analytics and User Experience, Nielsen Norman Group
- Top Web UX Design Guidelines, Nielsen Norman Group
- The Human Mind and Usability, Nielsen Norman Group
- User Interface Principles, Nielsen Norman Group
- Information Architecture, Nielsen Norman Group
- User Experience: The Ultimate Guide to Usability, User Focus
- Social Psychology, Wesleyan University
- Human Computer Interaction, UC San Diego
- The Design of Everyday Things, Udacity
- Usability Expert Reviews, User Focus
- Digital Accessibility, University of Southampton
- Content Strategy for Professionals, Northwestern University
About this site
I added Fitvids.js to handle responsive video and reading_time.rb was added to estimate reading times of articles. This site also uses DC.js to get demographics and interests from visitors, to opt out you can use the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on, however the data tracked here is only for internal testing purposes and to see content interests.Share